Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Five......

This photo was taken in hospital when Zack was just 4 days old. My whole being had completely changed. Although I don't think I quite realised it yet. I knew I was in love. I knew I had the most spectacularly perfect baby anyone had ever laid eyes on. I knew I felt right at home with this tiny person cradled in my arms. What I didn't know was that he changed me. Words can't quite capture the transformation that takes place when a woman becomes a Mother. And for me, it crept up. I can't remember when, but I realised one day. Realised the sheer magnitude of it. And I never forget it. I live life. Everyday, doing everyday things. But, my god, I am a MUM. Extraordinary. Little old me with three little people to love and grow and love some more.
Feels like it was a lifetime ago, yet just 5 minutes at the same time........and suddenly I have a FIVE year old. A spunky, sometimes cheeky, super clever, addicted to Lego, sensitive little boy who is FIVE. I relished the moment a few days ago, when I was walking behind him and noticed he still has just a hint of chub on his little elbows. A hint of baby still lingering. I regretted that I don't take the camera everywhere and vowed to store it away in my mind.
Happy Birthday my baby boy. I love you.

1 comment: