Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lemonade icypoles

It's 10.30pm and I'm contemplating walking to the other end of the ward and grabbing myself a lemonade icypole from the family fridge. I love lemonade icypoles. They're one of those things though, that I tend to forget that I love. Scott bought them in for me the other day. He thinks I don't appreciate stuff like that, but I do. I really do. Those lemonade icypoles are the most thoughtful thing anyone has done for me in a while. I really should tell him that. In hospital though, we forget to say things. At a time when we really should be making more of an effort to say stuff than we ever have. But we feed children, cuddle babies, buzz nurses.....and forget to talk. We never forget to kiss goodbye though. That kiss says a lot. It says we know we are there for each other, we know it's tough at the moment. That we know tomorrow will be a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment