Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rain...

The humidity was hanging thick in the air today. Then it hit. The rain. And it was heavy. Complete with thunder....perfectly balanced between deep rumblings in the distance and fierce claps that make grown ups jump and little ones hug your leg. I truly love a good storm. Everyone in our family knows that unless the back fence is soaked I'm not satisfied. Unless you need to turn lights on in the middle of the day it's not really a storm. Today was perfect. So I planted myself at our front doorstep with the camera and sent the boys out to play in it....
I don't know exactly what it is about kids playing in the rain....freedom maybe? But it is pure joy to watch. I hope they never grow up so much that they can no longer find fun in such simple things. I hope they don't loose that.

No comments:

Post a Comment