Saturday, January 30, 2010

I missed Friday night!!

I was just about to post about Friday nights and I look at the clock and it's 12.30am!

What is it about Friday night? In those long forgotten childless days, Friday nights signified the end of the working week(although I don't really know why, I always worked weekends anyway). A sense of freedom. A knowing that something utterly relaxing was going to take place sometime in the next two days.

Now, 3 kids later and let me tell you the working week never ends....I am on a merry-go-round people! And freedom? Relaxation? I'm surprised I remember how to spell those words.

But somehow, Friday night rolls around and still Scott and I get the kids to bed and breathe a sigh of relief and still breathe the "thank god it's Friday' mantra and fall on the couch prepared to vegetate. For some reason we always stay up later on Friday nights as if we might be able to sleep in tomorrow. Mind you, Saturday morning cartoons do run till 7.30am, so it's a bit of a sleep in. If you can really call it sleep with a 13 month old attached to your boob.

This particular Friday night however, Miss Evie decides it might be a fun game to trick Mummy and Daddy. By falling into a beautiful sleep at 6.30pm. And then waking again at 7.15pm.....with her cute pants on. Like, I mean, can't ignore it, can't will it back to sleep cute pants.
So, there's our Friday night out the window. But hell, we have a cute baby. A cute baby that TOOK STEPS tonight all by herself!! Scott claims she has taken the odd step or two....but since I'm the Mummy and I wasn't there to witness the event I refuse to believe it's true. So for the record, on Friday 29th January 2010 and just 13 months old, Miss Evie took her first steps............

And held out 'till the end of the movie before finally falling asleep on the boob at 10.30pm.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following my blog. Strong women need to stick together! You are so right about the freedom and relaxation. Oh how I daydream about a tropical vacation!

    ReplyDelete