Saturday, June 19, 2010

A quick update in pictures...

'Cos I have been such a slack blogger lately!

So, first off, Miss Evie's Beaded Journey....which, if you don't know, is a string of beads that represents her journey through cancer treatment. I did a quick count tonight....74 finger pricks, 25 blood/platelet transfusions, 10 trips to emergency, 12 hospital admissions, 12 lumbar puncture/bone marrow biopsies, 71 doses of chemotherapy...just to name a few...in the last 8 months. What a brave Little Miss I have.We have been pretty lucky with this round of treatment. It has been long and drawn out...but...Evie has been pretty well throughout it all. Which means a much happier baby and much less time spent in hospital! Yay. Winter has gotten off to a pretty nice start...

I have managed to get a pretty little collection of plants...including a tub of lettuce chosen by Zack so he can have a never ending supply for his daily 'cheese, lettuce and mayo sandwich'... on my front porch before the big chill really arrived. It has come to my attention, since gardening in winter, that I am somewhat more excited about the discovery of mushrooms(or toadstools??) in our yard than the kids are...And of course I have been busy knit, knit, knitting! Not to mention selling. It is a nerve wracking thing to put yourself and your handmade wares out there. But out there they are and people...you know, other people...not just my Mum(who loves everything I do cos that's her job!) like them. I'm just a teensy bit proud.
So thank you to all the lovelies who have popped on along to my Facebook page and are supporting this crafty venture....and of course those who have purchased a Jembelina Knit for their precious one(or a friends!). I love that you love the cozy funkiness of Jembelina Knits!!


With a nice serving of comforty, wintery yumminess thrown in for good measure....Why yes, I believe this is going to be a good winter....with some fresh flowers to brighten the days...

No comments:

Post a Comment