Friday, February 5, 2010

Yes, I know Zack started kinder yesterday. Yes, I know there are no photos up. Yes, I feel a tiny bit guilty that I am going to rabbit on about Leigh's first day by himself instead. But I'm going to do it anyway!

So, Leigh went for his first session today without me. I was so proud of him. I settled him with an activity and told him "Mummy is going to go now, ok?" Well, I barely got a kiss and cuddle! When I came back an hour later he was sitting right up the front, almost on Lynda's lap! Apparently he didn't stop talking the whole time. Which I have discovered, means we must now be a bit careful about what we say when the kids are in earshot. He told Lynda today that "at our house we do the undie-pants dance". God only knows what she was thinking! Leigh does do such a dance......but he made it up all by himself and I have, in all honesty never taken part!!! I must get some footage of him doing it, quite hysterical actually. Last thing I expected him to bring up at kinder though!
I am so happy for him. So pleased he feels comfortable and confident there.

And today, for quite possibly the first time since Evie was born (I hope not, but I think so) Zack and I spent time together. Just him and me. No distractions. We went to Doughnut King and had hot chocolates and warm cinnamon doughnuts. And we just sat and chatted. Zack thoroughly enjoyed it. He kept smiling at me and saying " I just love this Mummy"
Awwwwww.....I just love you Zack.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, you wanna be careful what you say, they tell EVERYTHING at school. I laughed so much when i read about the undie pants dance!

    ReplyDelete